This year was my first time attending Generation Beauty. If you don’t know what Generation Beauty is, it is an event held by Ipsy where a lot of different brands have stalls where people are able to visit and learn about their products and purchase at a discounted price. The Ipsy teams decides which locations Gen Beauty is held, so it may be different each year.
It was such an amazing experience being able to attend the event. Not only do brands come out, but they also set up Meet & Greets for YouTubers! I am lucky to be a content creator for IpsyOS, so I was also invited to attend the cocktail party the night before. It was my first cocktail party ever and this is a social event for bloggers to get to know each other. Definitely a great way to mingle with each other since there were bloggers from all over! Not to mention you could potentially meet Michelle Phan (the creator) or one of the invited YouTubers.
Some tips for attending Gen Beauty in the future:
- Going from vendor to vendor can be very stressful especially since the lines are long! I found that it can be extremely overwhelming, so make sure you take breaks! DON’T FORGET TO EAT!
- You don’t have to visit every vendor on the first day! The brands are also there the second day!
- Early Access is WORTH IT! If you have the option to add Early Access, DO IT! I purchased early access, and on the first day of the event, the line was CRAZY just to get in! Early access is when you get to go in 1 hour before everyone else and get to meet the brands first!
- If you can register the day before, you should do that. The day of the event, the registration had an extremely long line, and people would go in to register and have to come back out because they didn’t have early access.
- Bring snacks and water! You’ll be walking around a lot and may not have time or even want to go out to get food and water. I remember wanting to go to every brand, but I had to pull myself away because I was extremely hungry.
- Wear comfortable shoes! You’ll be walking around and standing in line a lot!
These are just some tips that I thought would be useful! If you have any more, please comment below and share them with me! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!